Saturday, July 02, 2005

シンガポールは立派なお国になってるよね、昨日二つのシンガポール人のアルバムを買って、聞いて、そう思ってた・・・

Bought Huang Yida's new album just because one section of one song on radio. It's his music... luscious, organic, orgasmic. It wasn't like I heard exactly what words he sang, but the words and the music came through well. And so it was his music that drew me in. Somehow this time round, I don't really care too much what the lyrics are, just happy that the lyrics agreed with the music... usually, I'm drawn in first by the music, then the lyrics - and then I start liking the song really a lot and a lot because of the lyrics. Maybe it's just that this time it's just the sound that mattered...

But then, the sound of the lyrics could change the sound of the music. Anyway...

So are you a music person or a lyrics person?

Put it in another way, is it the looks or the personality that you look for?

Kinda the same thing, ain't it?

No comments: