Wednesday, August 04, 2010

If we could choose the life we'd live
Like a book from a library of shelves
Categorized by genre, complete with commentaries and reviews
So we could better decide if it would be worth our energies and emotions,
I would suggest you choose to be
An accidental hero.
You would not need to strive
But you will bathe in the glory and smell of fame,
Having been born at the right place and time.
Your very existence would be a landmark in the history
Of an eternity of souls regretting their turns.
I'm not sure if you can call that
A life worth living,
But it would be easy, and that's what you'd want.
I know, because I have always noticed you
Picking out biographices of those who have been through the pain
But in life you would always choose the Safe Way Out.
You always tell me how your heart bleeds when you enter their world
But honestly, I cannot grasp the shape and weight of your heart
When you say these things.
Perhaps one day you will prove me wrong.
And I hope you do - and perhaps one day
We can finally sit down and talk
And you would weep me warm tears
When I bare to you
My pains that have no speakable name.

No comments: