Saturday, October 04, 2014

Bee-beep bibibip

Bee-beep bibibip
Goes my alarm for six-thirty AM
I start to recall what I need to be awake for
Saturday; slam snooze, abort routine, coz
I love waking up early to weekends in bed; Nothing beats
Being alive pretending to be dead
Let the world go on spinning upside down
My world is mine
Till my time is up.

Boom-pah pukumpukumpah
The beat keeps my mind from thinking too hard
I somehow got bootstrapped into this irrational obsession
With glass-walling passion, with playing my part,
I always feel like I'm never living the life
I look the role but I'm fake inside
I'm trying, I'm fighting, I'm working on redemption
I'm better with living when I'm more ready to die
I have death in my blood, you have death in your genes 
We were not made to escape but to live is to defy
Life is a tattoo we wear on our skin
It can't be erased, but we can make it fly

Boom-pah pukumpukumpah
We all need a little zen to get by
But zen doesn't mean you don't get high
We all meet somewhere between the truth and the lie

No comments: